How do I sign up for Uphold?To create an Uphold account, follow the three step sign-up process:
1. Input your email, password, and country of residence (note: Residents of China are also required to submit a government-issued identification number).
2. Submit your first and last name, state (if applicable), date of birth, and set a username for your account.
3. Add a phone number to enable Two-Factor Authentication.
What are the benefits of becoming a member of Uphold?
On the Uphold platform, we make a distinction between people members who havent verified their identity and those who have. If you havent yet verified your identity, you are subject to currency conversion fees and a transaction limit of $1,000 U.S. Dollars.Becoming a verified member (https://uphold.com/dashboard/membership) not only provides you with access to incredible cost-saving benefits, it also helps keep your transactions safe and secure. By verifying that our members are who they say they are, we are able to keep the entire Uphold network protected from bad actors.
In addition to your increased security, your membership gives you access to more perks and privileges:
1. Free conversions among denominated currencies (doesn’t include precious metals).
2. Increased transaction limits starting at $10,000/day (depending on your balance). Read more about our transaction limits here: https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/206118653-Transaction-Trading-Limits.
3. Ability to add or withdraw funds to and from your Uphold account using bank transfer (available for members with bank accounts in select European countries), credit or debit card (available for members with bank accounts in the U.S. and select European countries), China Union Pay card (Available for members with China Union accounts).
4. Pre-release access to new currencies and Money Cards.
5. Insider tools, tips and product information before the rest of the world.
6. And a growing list of exclusive benefits & rewards to come!
To show our continued appreciation, well develop and improve our membership program on an ongoing basis in order to provide you with the best benefits and privileges possible.
To become a Verified Member, click here: https://uphold.com/dashboard/membership
How do I become an Uphold verified member?
In order to become a member of our platform and access the full range of Uphold services, we ask that you complete a verification process. This process involves providing us with certain information as part of our global compliance efforts, which ensure the security of our network and protect our members against fraud.
To become a verified member:
1. Head to uphold.com/dashboard/membership and click "Start".
2. Input your current residential address.
3. Upload one of the following valid government-issued IDs (you have the option to upload a file or to use your computers camera to scan the document):
a. Passportb. National ID Cardc. Drivers License
4. Submit a clear photo of your face.
5. Provide your Social Security Number (U.S. residents only).
Verification is typically complete within minutes and, once confirmed, you gain immediate access to our membership benefits: https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/202887565-What-are-the-benefits-of-becoming-a-member-
Please note: it may take up to 4 business days to verify People’s Republic of China Passports and National IDs.
Pro tip: No need to scan your documentation - simply take a photo with your phone or laptop and upload the image file! We may request additional information from time to time.